- School and Workshop on the Electron Microscopy of Ceramic Materials, October 8th-13th, 2009 (Website)
- Talk: Prof. Pierbiagio Pieri, Josephson effect throughout the BCS-BEC crossover, August 5th, 2009, 15:30 SA-240/Conference Room (Abstract)
- Talk: Ilke Arslan, High Resolution 3-D Characterization of Nanomaterials Using Tilt Tomography in the Scanning Transmission Electron Microscope, June 26th, 2009 (Abstract)
- Talk: Nigel D. Browning, (Scanning) Transmission Electron Microscopy with High Spatial, Temporal and Spectroscopic Resolution, June 26th, 2009 (Abstract)
- School: Advanced Physics for High School Students, June 17th-19th 2009 (Website)
- Talk: Oliver Schmidt, SiGe nanostructures: Growth, properties and potential applications, June 12th, 2009 (Abstract)
- Workshop 2009
- Winter School 2009
About the Project
The main purpose of the proposed project is to address specific and well-defined weak shortcomings of the newly established national Materials Science and Nanotechnology Institute (UNAM) of Turkey. Through this project, the Institute will reach its full potential for research and technological innovation and emerge as an internationally competitive centre of excellence, integrated firmly into the European Research Area, by the time of the completion of this project.
How to reach
Ankara is served by the Esenboğa Airport, a major international airport offering connections to a number of national and international destinations. Upon arrival you can take a taxi or a shuttle bus to reach campus.
From the Ankara Airport to campus by taxi:
Taxi ride to Bilkent University costs about 80-85 YTL (about 40-45 Euros) by 2007 prices.
From the Ankara Airport to campus shuttle bus:
As a lower cost alternative, Havaş operates shuttle busses from the airport to the Havaş offices and to ASTI, the inter-city bus terminal of Ankara. The fee is about 10 YTL. From either destinations, you can take a taxi cab for about 20-23 YTL. Alternatively, you catch the university shuttle bus that goes by ASTI to the campus (not recommended unless you know the shuttle bus system and its route).
The Ankara train station various offers daily train services to several cities, most notably Eskisehir and Istanbul. The train schedule can be checked and tickets purchased online. From the train station a taxi ride to campus costs about 22-25 YTL.
There are many bus companies operating between Ankara and nearby cities, most notably Istanbul. All of the buses depart and arrive at ASTI, the inter-city bus terminal of Ankara. From ASTI, you can take a taxi cab to campus for about 20-23 YTL.
From downtown Ankara
The university operates shuttles buses, free of charge, to and from the Tunus and Sihhiye districts of downtown Ankara. For schedule and pick-up locations, follow this link
By car from Ankara:
Starting from downtown, follow the D-200 (Eskisehir) state road in the Eskisehir direction for about 8 km, take the exit labeled "Bilkent Universitesi" and follow the signs straight to the main campus gate. Personnel at the gate will be able to direct you to the Institute.