Projects' home page
Projects of Special relativity: PHYS481 (Fall 2007)
1. Departures from Newtonian Dynamics (Zeynep Gunsu+Ozlem Koylu)
Presentation: 17 October (During the lecture hour)
Ref: A. P. French, Special Relativity, Chapter 1, pages 2-29.
2. Perplexities in the propogation of light
(Baris Cakmak+ Betul Pamuk)
Presentation: 24 October (During the lecture hour)
Ref: Ref: A. P. French, Special Relativity, Chapter 2, pages 38-58.
3. Relativity and measurements of lengths and time intervals:
(Seyda Ipek+Aykut Teker)
Presentation: 31 October (During the lecture hour)
Ref: Ref: A. P. French, Special Relativity, Chapter 4 pages 90-120
4. Paradoxes in Relativity (Can Riz Afacan+ Yildiray Komur)
Presentation: 8 November (During the lecture hour)
a) In the lenght contraction: Ref. "Rindler, AJP, vol. 29, 365-366 (1961)"
"Shaw, AJP, vol. 30, 72 (1962)", Taylor and Wheeler, 116-121
b) Twin Paradox
5. Minkowski Geometry
Ref: Gregory L. Naber, The Geometry of Minkowski Spacetime, Springer-Verlag,
1992 (Applied Mathematical Sciences 92) Chapter 1, pages 7-87.
6. Lorentz and Poincare Groups (Transformations)
Each group will write a common report (Using LateX).
Each member of the group element
will present the half of the projects. The first presentation will start on
17 th of October.
End of Projects Home Page