Mehmet Akif Erdal
Department of Mathematics
- Homotopy theory, Category theory, Stable homotopy theory, Spectral sequences (theory and computations), Manifolds and bordisms, Actions of monoids.
- "Semigroup actions on sets and the Burnside ring" (joint with Özgün Ünlü), Applied Categorical Structures 26.1 (2018): 7-28. DOI:10.1007/s10485-016-9477-4. (arXiv:1506.06967)
- "On smooth manifolds with the homotopy type of a homology sphere" Topology and its Applications 234 (2018): 82-91. DOI:10.1016/j.topol.2017.11.006. (arXiv:1603.07906)
- "Approximating to monoid actions by group actions" Submitted. (arXiv:1609.06785)
- "A model structure via orbit spaces for equivariant homotopy". (joint with Aslı Güçlükan İlhan), Submitted.
- "(Co)homology and (co)homotopy theories graded over monoidal categories".(joint with Özgün Ünlü), To be submitted. (partly appears in the Ph.D. thesis).
- "Equivariant and relative versions of spectral sequences and their applications".(joint with Özgün Ünlü), To be submitted. (partly appears in the Ph.D. thesis).
- 2015-2016 Spring : Calculus I - Bilkent U.
- 2015-2016 Summer : Calculus II - Bilkent U.
- 2016-2017 Fall : Calculus I, Calculus and Linear Algebra II - TEDU.
- 2016-2017 Spring : Calculus I - Bilkent U.
- 2016-2017 Summer : Calculus I - Bilkent U.
- 2017-2018 Fall : Calculus II - Bilkent U.
- Equivariant model structures via orbit spaces,
Boğaziçi University Mathematics Colloquium, 2018.
Boğaziçi University, İstanbul, Turkey
- Vector bundles that occur as normal bundles of manifolds, DEU Algebra Day, 2018. Dokuz Eylül University, İzmir, Turkey
- Cobordisms of G-framed manifolds, İzmir Mathematics Days, 2018.
Yaşar University, İzmir, Turkey
- Approximating to monoid actions by group actions, Antalya Algebra Days, 2017, Şirince, İzmir, Turkey
- Actions of monoidal categories and exotic gradings of cohomology,
IYTE Mathematics Department Seminar, 2017,
İzmir Institute of Technology, İzmir, Turkey
- Burnside rings of monoids, Geometry/Topology Working Days, 2016, Atılım University, Ankara, Turkey
- Monoid actions, (co)homology theories and (co)homotopy theories,
Workshop on Equivariant Homotopy and ∞-categories, 2015,
IMBM, İstanbul, Turkey.
- The Image of the Orientation Homomorphism,
Bilkent Algebraic Topology Seminars, 2014,
Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey
- On manifolds with (G,ξ)-structure and the Hurewicz map (poster), Bonn International Graduate School in Mathematics Annual Poster Sessions 2013, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany.
- The Equivariant James Spectral Sequence, Some Trends in Algebra 2013, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
E-mail: merdal (at) fen (dot) bilkent (dot) edu (dot) tr - or - akiferdal (at) g mail (dot) com
Faculty of Science