Engin Umut Akkaya
Paper on "Selective Manipulation of ICT and PET Processes in Styryl-Bodipy Derivatives: Applications in Molecular Logic and Fluorescence Sensing of Metal Ions " is selected for JACS Cover which is published on July 16,2010.
Prof. Dr. Engin Umut Akkaya was awarded with the prestigious TÜBİTAK Science Award for the year 2009. The Science award is the most revered award given to Turkish Scientists by the national science &technology agency, TUBİTAK.
Fluorescent molecular sensors for ions and neutral molecules. Practical applications for molecular logic gates. Design and study of novel dyes for use in dye- sensitized solar cells (DSSC). Autonomous molecular machines. Novel 3rd generation photodynamic therapy reagents, interactive delivery systems.
Click to the photo to see all
Selected Recent Publications
1) Cakmak et al., Angewandte Chemie- Int. Ed., 2011, 50 (50), pp 11937-11941.
2) Bozdemir et al., Angewandte Chemie- Int. Ed., 2011, 50 (46), pp 10907-10912.
3) Guliyev et al., Angewandte Chemie- Int. Ed., 2011, 50 (42), pp 9826-9831.
4) Bozdemir et al., J. Am. Chem. Soc. , 2010, 132 (23), pp 8029–8036.
5) Ozlem et al. , J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2009, 131, 48-49. (featured in C & EN News, Science and Technology Concentrates, January 19, 2009)
6) Guliyev et al. , J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2009, 131, 9007-9013.
7) Coskun et al., J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2006, 128, 14474-14475.
For all publications click here.